The 5 Best NFC Business Cards on the Market for 2023
Last Updated on January 31, 2023
Alright, so you know it’s time to move forward and get a digital business card. But nothing beats holding your own designed card and handing it to a potential client or business partner. Well, I’m happy to share, that you can have the BEST of both worlds, thanks to the invention of an NFC digital business card.
For those of you who are new to them, these are physical cards that you can put in your wallet (think of it as similar to a debit card) or a tag you can attach to the back of your phone. Then you whip it out, tap your client’s phone, and BAM. They’ve got all of your information. This is thanks to the NFC technology that allows you to transfer information to nearby phones.
If you’re looking for an upgrade in how you share your business information, I’m going to help you choose the best NFC business card for you or your company in 2023.
(Spoiler Alert: There’s a 24K gold card that I’m in love with).
Now, there are a lot of different types of digital business cards out there (NFC or app-based). You can check out my full list of digital business cards here, as this article today is specifically intended to rank NFC cards. Also, if you need to know more about what is a digital business card or how to create a business card complete with a business card checklist, then I’ve got you covered there too.
Alright, let’s get to it.
Disclaimer: This post is with a paid partnership with Mobilo and Popl. We only partner with brands that we believe offer products or services that will benefit our readers, but all reviews and opinions expressed in this post are our own. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information. Thank you for your support!
What are the Best NFC Business Cards?
After hours of research and trials, here is my list of the top NFC cards on the market.
Best NFC Digital Business Cards
Popl is one of the big players in the digital business card market and has turned what used to be a simple way to exchange information into an integrated, analytical tool for businesses. When you use Popl, sending over your business name, logo, and contact details are the least of its functions. You can create Teams for your employees, perform bulk actions, and identify leads with key analytics.
Popl Product Options: Here is a list of the different types of products you can choose from.
- Popl’s: These are NFC tags (like stickers) you attach to the back of your phone case. You can get the Popl generic options, or customize them with your business logo and colors.
- Cards: These are the size and shape of a debit card so it will fit nicely in your wallet. There a multiple business cards to choose from, but my personal favorite is the 24k Gold Card. You can also customize it to your company’s logo.
- Badges, Bands, and Keychains: These are great if your team is going to a large networking event.
- Smart Cases: If you don’t want the tag on the back of your phone, you could always upgrade your case to a smart case where the NFC technology is embedded within.
Some of the great features of Popl:
There’s a free profile and downloadable app with all purchases, but if you want advanced features such as video and CRM integrations, then you’ll want to upgrade to the Popl Pro Version or get a Team account.
Take your paper business cards, throw them in the trash, and level up your business. Popl allows you to not only send and receive digital business cards, but track your leads, increase conversions, expand your business, and integrate with CRM systems to enhance visibility.
3. Mobilo Card
Best NFC Card for Teams
Mobilo card is another company that has joined the NFC business card ranks. With its focus on businesses and teams, it also boasts CRM integration, app connections, and many ways to share your business information with ease. The cards are unique in that they’re made from quality materials such as wood and metal.
Here are a few options for yourself or your company:
- Cards: They have a metal, classic, and wood design for your cards. You can then customize it to meet your business needs.
- Smart Button: Attach these anywhere, like the back of your phone.
- Key Fobs: Attach it to your keychain or purse, and you’re ready to go.
Some of the great features that come with Mobilo are:
There are different options to choose from, including personal cards to Team management. The cards are a bit more expensive (the metal one at $189), but are nice options to have.
If you’re looking for unique, high-quality NFC cards with a great Teams platform, this is a great option. However, it has a more minimal landing page.
Great for Solopreneurs
Imagine a digital business card that can do so much more than just exchange contact information. With Linq, that card can become an extension of your personal brand and make a lasting impression. By storing your digital portfolio on Linq, you can instantly share your work with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Now, I’ve done a FULL Linq review that you can read, but here’s a quick snapshot of what they offer.
As this utilizes NFC technology, there are a few options available for either standard or customized products.
- Cards: They have a ton of beautiful designs you can choose, from a professional flat black to bamboo.
- Taps: The NFC tag or sticker that can go anywhere like your phone. Also customizable.
- Badges, Hubs: Great for networking events or if your office always walks with a badge.
- Apple Watch Smart Bands: If you can’t be without your smart watch, this is a great option to always have your business contact with you at all times.
Some of the great features that come with Linq are:
There is a free profile that anyone can use, but the Pro gives you all the added features like advanced analytics and video for only $5 a month. You can also contact them for Team setups.
If you’re not going to use all of the super-advanced analytics that comes with CRM integration, then this is a great card. You get a beautifully designed digital interface, many more options for your physical card, and is more cost-effective at $5 a month for the pro version.
3. TapTok Business Card
Best for Phone Holder
No, this is not the same at TikTok, which can get quite confusing. TapTok promises to share all of your business information in just one tap with its NFC cards and “dots”. Similar to the previous companies I’ve reviewed, they offer these two popular NFC products, but no other different types. But unlike the other options, this one does not utilize an app. You simply send your information, and it adds the contact information to the client or business partner’s contact list on eligible iPhone and Android phones.
What I love most about this product, is that the dots are not just stickers, but also a phone holder. So if you already have a phone holder to take those selfies, switch it out for this two-in-one combination.
Some features you’ll find with TapTok are:
There is a one-time cost for the product, and no subscription. The cards vary from $29.99 to $79.99 for the cards and $19.99 for a dot.
If you want or already have a phone holder, then this is a great, affordable NFC business card to get the best of both worlds.
3. V1CE Business Card
Best for Phone Cases
Last but not least, is V1CE. They specialize in a multitude of products including cards, phone cases, and wallets that are all embedded with their NFC technology. You can update your profiles either online or on your phone. What I love is that you can have multiple business profiles and they’ve made it easy for you to choose and send the right one to clients.
A few things about V1CE are:
Pricing– Cards and Cases prices vary, but start around $52.
The V1CE card gives you everything you need but is a bit more costly than the other competitors. The phone cases seem to have the best options.
What is an NFC Business Card?
An NFC business card is a digital card that uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to exchange information. NFC is a technology that allows two devices to communicate with each other when they are close together.
NFC business cards are becoming more popular as people are looking for ways to reduce the amount of paper they use. They are also more convenient than traditional business cards because you can store all of your contact information on one card.
There are many different types of NFC business cards, but some of the most popular ones are Popl, Linq, and Mobilo Card.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Digital Business Card?
There are many benefits of using an NFC business card, such as:
What Should I Look For in the Best NFC Business Card?
When you are looking for the best NFC business card, there are a few things you should keep in mind, such as:
- The digital business profile templates. Some companies offer many different types of templates, which help you extend your own branding.
- The physical object: You may be looking for a card, the cost, and template design capabilities.
- Cost. Each one may only allow certain capabilities under the free plans, but you’ll need to upgrade to unlock advanced options.
- CRM integrations. If you’re looking for a way to identify leads company-wide, then being able to integrate that information on a large scale into your centralized CRM system is a game-changer.
- Analytics. Some companies offer advanced analytics which includes how many times a customer looks at your profile, how many clicks you’re getting, etc.